How big is your Baan-DB (just Data AND Indexes)
0 - 200 GB
200 - 500 GB
500 - 800 GB
800 - 1200 GB
1200 - 1500 GB
1500 - 2000 GB
> 2000 GB
Total votes: 83
Baanboard at LinkedIn
By patvdv at 3 Feb 2008 - 04:49
To the user interface
- Quick registration system...username, password, email and any required custom fields and timezone
- Pop-up auto-refreshing buddylist with ICQ-style alerts when
new buddies come online. You'll find a link in the temp buttons top
right in the nav bar.
- Show the title of the last posted to thread for each forum on index.php
- Subscription to Threads/Forum without receiving e-mails
- Favorite threads - you don't get email from these either.
- User rating - Karma
- User ranking
- Password break-in watches -- too many failed attempts warning with a preset wait after too many failures.
- Threaded view
- Password protected forums
- Similar threads display
- Send an email "thanks for registering and welcome to .." on user registration (welcome email)
- Validity check for homepages
- Search engine friendly archive of open forums
- Happy b'day emails
- Much improved calander system (too many changes to mention)
- hit counter on announcements
- Digests: new posts/threads in selected forums daily/weekly/monthly
- "excerpt of message:" are now in the new reply email notifications
- 'report post to mod' sends anonymous copy to the original poster of the message
- Restyled FAQ section now looks similar to a forum
- WYSIWYG Editor for major text input fields (IE 5.5+Only)
- Minimum number of characters in post
- Insert smilie/vB code where cursor is (IE 5+ Only)
- Preview on edit
- Ability to add attachment when editing a post instead of just when creating
- Reason for editing
- Reason for deleting(for admins and mods)
User CP - Profile
- User Pictures - user can upload a personal picture. This picture is shown in the profile of the user.
- Completely revamped PM system (currently in work)
- Longer signature field with optional limit
- Get daily for just one category
- Search only in subscribed forums
- A list of ignored words or words used in a search are added to the results page
- Option to find only started by 'username'
- Display matching forums in results
- Support for searching custom profile fields
- Search for exact username (e.g. turn off wildcards)
- Option for users to see who voted for which option (public vote)
- When you vote your name is highlighted when viewing results
- Poll results ordered by most to less voted
- Ability to post a poll AFTER a thread had started
To the admin interface
- New admin cp front end
- Language Manager and vB Language packs (in work)
- Context sensitive help
- Improved attachment system. Statistics, Attachment types
editing. Ability to delete old attachments. Ability to limit users to X
number of bytes in total attachments. Option to "expire" attachments in
- New FAQ System
- User ranking and karma admin
- New settings manager
- Help topics manager for the context sensitive help
- vBCode descriptions in the "What are vBCodes" link are now
the actual descriptions in the database. No more editing the template.
- Add options to pick which groups appear on the memberlist, birthdays, etc
- Categories for Avatars and Smilies
- Ability to restrict "view new" to certain forums and groups of forums.
- Admins are exempt from the custom avatar post limit
- A "forum" can be just a link to something or somewhere else
- New merge/split/delete posts system
- A more complete set of subscription options for daily/weekly/on new posts updates, for forum, thread and board.
- Admin can run REPAIR and OPTIMIZE on tables as a group or singularly (using mysql 3.23+)
- An SQL box in the admin section for executing general queries
- vBcron system
- Diagnostic tests for testing system compatibility and settings
- Admin editing of User's Avatar is more user friendly.
- Additional user profile fields - you can now add profile
fields which can have either a single line text box, multi line text
box, single selection radio buttons, single selection menu, multiple
selection menu, or multiple selection checkboxs.
- Add user option in the admin CP to change the user's referrer
- Allow users to change usergroups automatically based on postcount
- Option to merge user accounts
- Search members based on custom profile field
- Email members based on custom profile field
- User notes -- A field for the admin to keep notes on the user
- Admin can designate moderators who can themselves set forum passwords.
- Place user under moderation
- Extended Moderator Activity Logging
- Add usergroup with permissions initially set as set for another group
- Improved email address ban
- Signature length control
- Resend for registration confirmation emails
- Completely revamped Style system
- You can place $post[postcount] in your postbit template to see each posts position in the thread
- Conditionals in templates. Also called vB Conditionals,
these are "if" "then" "else" statements built directly into the
templates. This gives the admin/designer improved flexibility in
creating dynamic design
To the programming
- Autoselect forumid for search when clicking search button on toplinks from the forum.
- Todays birthdays to not always refresh the cached template when someone submits a profile.
- Improved post storage to reduce resource usage when showing threads.
- Use gmdate() and NOT date()
- All bbcode/smilies are stripped from posts BEFORE indexpost()
- Quoted text excluded from search.
- Associate searchid with userid so people can't insert searchid's and get results they're not supposed to see
- Who's Online code is moved to a function so that it can be
used to figure out a single user's location, to be used in the user's
profile and other places if need be
- Meta tags -- forum descriptions (and keywords?) are added to the Meta tags for each forum page
- Infinite parenting system for templates/replacements
- Attachment images (.gif,.jpg,,etc) are no longer in the database.
- Search system is improved with regards to speed. Even faster now!
- No more "nosessionhash" setting.
- A second phpinclude template to be executed at the same time
as dooutput() - to allow manipulation of elements already generated by
- An API for posting functions (newreply, newthread, newpoll, editpost)
- An option to have thread views updated hourly rather than immediately
- Improved bbcode parser
- An option for allowing a regex option to be specified for a custom profile field
- Moved banned email addresses out of the settings
- Remove check for attachments from mass-prune
- Back to Top link at bottom of page
- "Want to register?" and "Forgotten your password?" before user/pass form fields, for using tab
- All user info cells are combined into one template
- Hitting the back button no longer necessary when you have too many images
- Option to save cookie on this computer when logging in
- Login/logout ability in all pages, with user/pass form -- single login system
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:39.